eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2019 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
I don't trust anyone despite how friendly they are. I've learned that appearances can be very deceiving.
The thing is that maybe you learned the WRONG things to base trust on. It has nothing to do with friendliness or looks. It has EVERYTHING to do with someone saying they will do something & follow through with what they say. It is about actions between 2 people, not just how someone comes across initially.

Trust is EARNED & that takes a lot of time to observe patterns of behavior that prove trust is OK. Any other way of gaining trust for someone leaves one vulnerable to being hurt badly.

I laugh at people who say "trust me" first off. I always say "prove why I should" sometimes they do, most times those kind don't. It does take a level of self-confidence to stand up to those who try to push us into trusting them first off.

Over the years I have also learned that when people say something that doesn't make sense to me, that is usually my red flag for a lie or a cover-co & they NEVER earn my trust.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Open Eyes, Serpentine Leaf