Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 02, 2019 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I don't want to write about the specifics as it was complicated but this last week it has become apparent to me that a long term friendship may have run it's course.

I am pretty unskilled in this area. Tbh I have mostly been solitary in life apart from my family. This person was one the first people I dared to call 'friend' and I treasured their friendship. But for one reason or another it seems not to be.

I am awaiting a response from my friend after emailing them about the difficulties between us. It's like waiting for the end.

I feel incredibly sad.

Any advice on this end stage in friendships, whereby you still care for the person but it seems like the friendship has run it's course? How do you acquit yourself gracefully? How do you cope with this sadness and let go?
I'm so sorry this happened. I've had this happen so many times to me I no longer anticipate any friendship to be permanent. In fact, anytime I meet a new friend, I immediately think, this friendship will end eventually. Don't know when, but it will end. As for communication, you did you best. The waiting is really hard, makes you want to send another message.

It usually doesn't work and if anything, just angers the person. Was it a falling out or just simply a friendship that has run its course? I just try to stay busy and if it wasn't a good friendship, I've gone as far as to delete any memory I've had of them. Sounds harsh but I've done that, but that's just for those friendships that turned out to be toxic.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, RoxanneToto