View Single Post
simplex

Member Since Sep 2019
51 hugs
given
Default Dec 02, 2019 at 05:21 PM

Hey Jaymoq,

It sounds to me like your boyfriend is really in the need of some help and it's not something you can provide (as you have tried to the best of your ability seemingly for a while).
At first I thought it was just nicotine, but then the gum, the kratom, and the six pack in 30 mins, pain pills in the morning... Constant lying about any and everything to feed each addiction or need to escape.
I would check out some addiction resources both online and in person. N.A (narcotics anonymous) groups have meetings across the country. You could look into those as they are all encompassing for anything that's addictive.
It seems though that he may have been doing all of this for a while, in which case I would look into inpatient programs for something like 30 days.
There are meetings online as well as forums for him to read but they can be worthless in later stages of addiction. I believe there is nicotine anonymous as well but it seems like this is way beyond nicotine.

I read all of what you wrote and it seems to me that the relationship began on a foundation of untruths that have continued through the entire thing. Please don't take this as an attack but
from what I have read it seems like you have been enabling him and putting yourself last in the entire situation for a while. What is the benefit to you? He cannot change if he's avoiding the consequences of his actions.
Hearing that you have also struggled with alcohol (but cut it off) it may be relevant to ask yourself what you get from this relationship? Others will bring us down before we can lift them up, and it has to begin with him.
Lastly, have you read much on codependency? It can be very taxing on you as a person to constantly need to be the caregiver and take a toll on you and what you want for your life.

I have experience with addiction on both sides of family, and personally but am also no formally trained expert. I hope that he can get some help for himself.
simplex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3