Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2019 at 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Ok, let’s try this:

I never thought I had black and white thinking. In fact, I see all the shades of gray in everything.

Yes, I am highly sensitive, but don’t meet any of the criteria for a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).

Yes, I like and enjoy myself and always have. But I do go down the rabbit hole sometimes, especially over my couple of relationship issues.

A diagnosis of traits, and ptsd, and depression are probably correct. I don’t talk to any professionals anymore. I chat and read here on PC. I care more about trying to stay at a healthy level of function and not destroy all my relationships. Yes, it was much more THEM then it was ME! I may be dealing with seriously empathic lacking family! I don’t lack empathy.

I’m feeling a bit better now after the usual husband trigger took me down yesterday. I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to live and cope with this. Yes, I do see having to use logic and do something that works regardless of my true feelings about it. Whatever works, right?
Sorry I tried answering earlier n obviously it didn't post.

It is so awesome to hear you say you have self love. It's something many of us do not have. Self love is what begins healthy interpersonal relationships. When a person loves themselves enough, they will not allow others (actions, words, beliefs, etc) to cause them harm in any kind (and if it becomes a possibility- will do as needed to prevent it). I would encourage you to form healthy interpersonal relationships by telling them what you need from them (in how they treat you), if they cannot have respect enough to try to meet you part way at least - then you need to reexamine how much contact you have with that person as well as how much time n energy you use up on them.

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut