bpcyclist has no updates.

3 yr Member
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
I've never encountered that extreme of measures in the hospital. Much depends on where you go, and I knew where to go in my city. Mine was a locked unit which didn't bother me; that just meant people couldn't go in and out. We had doors to our rooms that had to stay open; our bathroom doors could be closed, but they might knock on the door if they were doing status checks and were looking for you. Not a big deal. Safety on a unit where patients are suicidal is a must. Patients find the oddest ways to harm themselves, and a hospital treating suicidal patients that doesn't stay proactive is liable for a lawsuit.

My hospital has made changes in the last few years. They now have several different wings with varying levels of security depending on the severity of the patient's symptoms. That seems a logical way to handle this issue so that both safety and dignity can be addressed. Not every hospital has the facilities to do that, however.
This, above. Different levels of care is the key, but only very large hospitals can do this.

That said, I know someone who committed suicide while she was on the maximum security ward of a state hospital. Not going to get into it, but the point is, there is only so much S-proofing that can be done. Ultimately, people are going to do what they are going to do.

Hugs from:
ReveuseTroublee

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, HD7970GHZ, Lilfae, ReveuseTroublee