View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Dec 04, 2019 at 03:02 PM

Update: so, my roommate confronted me last night in my guest room that I rent about where her money orders of my rent were. I explained to her calmly that since she was gone all of last week, I just deposited the unpaid rent back into my checking account and Paypal-ed her sister who is her power of attorney. She was MAD (maybe at the fact that I know her sister has POA over her too) but then the Orkin tech came (I had scheduled a 2nd follow-up appointment) and rescued me from it escalating.

Then, I texted her sister about what she did and asked her sister to intervene. Her sister texted back that my roommate doesn't respond to hers (or anyone's phone calls or texts) and asked me to text my roommate to contact her about wiring my roommate the rent money from the past few months. Egads. I then forwarded the text I sent to my roommate, to her sister. So everyone's on the same page.

POSSIBLE WAY OUT: I am going to look at an apartment-available-for-sublease (fully furnished and pet friendly) this Friday. I'd only have to pay $250 for the sublease fee and then next month would take over the rent payments which I can afford on my temp job. Of course, there is the assumption that my application with the landlord will be rejected due to my poor credit score. And no, I have no one willing to co-sign so this is totally hinged on my credit now. I'm hoping it doesn't get rejected. Can you imagine my relief if I get approved? I will be dancing in the streets like the David Bowie/Mick Jagger song.

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, unaluna