View Single Post
Marylin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
863 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 05, 2019 at 07:40 PM

By the way can you believe it? The diabetic nurse told me to have cakes and chocolate at Christmas, cos it's Christmas and I need to enjoy myself. WTF!!! Why is not overeating sweet treats and not having alcohol and sweet sugar laden drinks the road to misery. She insisted I wouldn't have fun and enjoy myself without those things. I told her I didn't want them,that I had been addicted to sugar and that it's a poison that made me very ill and that it had affected my eyes and I could lose my sight. She said she understands that scared me but doing it over Christmas wouldn't cause harm. I think she is totally mad.

The medical profession do not understand that the wrong foods, junk foods, make you ill and that to be well you have to exclude bad food from your diet. They have no idea what causes chronic illness and how to heal it, they only know about drugs and surgery not how the body actually works the biochemistry. I learnt a lot just watching the two hours liver documentary on how the liver works and how to reverse liver disease. I was ignorant for years, then I learnt about what to do right but still ate the junk and sugar, now the penny has dropped I won't get better if I don't make the changes to my diet that are needed to get well physically and heal. Also physical health affects mental health . If I don't do what has to be done and actually eat right and exercise and stay off junk and sugar then I am not going live longer. I have chronic illness, mental illness and I am 55.If I carried on the way I was I was going die in the next few years or go blind and die or have liver and kidney failure.

Anyhow I do what I am meant to do and stop sugar and the diabetic nurse is encouraging me to get addicted again cos it's xmas. Go figure!
Marylin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Guiness187055, possum220, unaluna