View Single Post
randomer123
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Dec 11, 2019 at 09:13 AM

I've been spending a lot more time on my hobbies and I have realised something. When I am engaging in these things that I enjoy, I'm not daydreaming. When I am reading a book, I'm obviously concentrating on what's happening in the book, so there's no room in my mind for the stupid fake conversations. When I'm out somewhere I'm concentrating on whatever I need to do and what's going on around me.

The daydreams happen when I'm doing something boring and easy, and so I don't need to pay attention to it. This is usually when I'm doing housework, making meals, in the bath, getting ready for bed or in the morning, and any other mundane tasks I do every day and don't enjoy.

I can't stop doing these things, so I just need to be more mindful when I'm doing them. That way I can get them done quicker. I can't eliminate daydreaming altogether but I need to set aside some time for it and treat it like another hobby. But it needs to be about something enjoyable and fun, not these pointless fake conversations about rubbish.

I have been doing well to stop them, but now I find myself getting annoyed by them. They are a nuisance. I really wish they wouldn't start at all. But I need to keep ending them and returning my attention back to whatever I am supposed to be doing. The when I get things done I'll have more time to spend on the fun daydreams. I think this is about controlling my mind and organising. Something I should be able to easily do. Getting there.

I think I should have some sort of blog for these things, since my threads die so quickly on here.
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote