View Single Post
peacelizard

Member Since Oct 2014
Default Dec 13, 2019 at 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimed4 View Post
I was prescribed Wellbutrin 150mg on Wednesday and the bottle has been sitting in my bathroom since then. I am scared to try it because 1) I’m afraid it will not work & 2) that it might cause me to freak out and ruin my xmas. I know it’s only 150mgs but I’ve been going back n forth the last two days. I’ve currently purged my body of all meds n foreign substances (weed n alcohol) to see what it feels like.

Well, I’m not suicidal but I’m definitely depressed. I’m tired all the time, no motivation, no joy in the things I used to enjoy, everything is such a struggle to do, etc.... On a scale from 1-10 with 1 being suicidal and 10 being manic, I’m stuck being in the 4ish range. I guess that’s not bad for being on no meds but I thought I’d have at least better motivation after I quit smoking or eating pot. [emoji1744]*[emoji3603] I even exercise at least 4 days a week and that doesn’t seem to help my mood. Maybe it’s helping me from going to a 2 or 3. Sorry for venting but I’m just afraid that another AD isn’t going to work. [emoji22]
I honestly don't think you have much to lose. In terms of side effects, Wellbutrin is pretty benign as compared to other antidepressants.

You didn't say which version you were on, but I can tell you I'm on 450mg XL and other than a few days of increased irritability it's been much more positive than negative.

I also had delayed-onset uticaria (skin rash) on my arms that I felt like I narrowed down to being med-related, but I could never say with 100%:certainty as my skin is pretty sensitive in general and most things will cause it to freak out. I let my psychiatrist and dermatologist know though and wanted to stay on the med, so other than discontinuing it I just take a once a day Zyrtec and it hasn't bothered me since nor gotten worse and I've been on Wellbutrin more than a year at max dose.
peacelizard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
Sublimed4