View Single Post
RainbowSadness

Member Since Jun 2018
24 hugs
given
Default Dec 18, 2019 at 04:35 AM

My experience was similar. My dad would just work, come home and watch TV and sleep. There was never any relationship whatsoever. He wasn't physically abusive or anything, so yeah it could have been worse but it's still a big wound in my being. My mom would wait on him because he wouldn't do a single chore. My mother was more involved in my life but really never in a positive way. She was very judgmental and unsympathetic towards my struggles with bullying and depression. One time when we were playing a game she smacked me in the face because she felt like I got too serious (ironic). Neither of them were emotionally available. I often find myself very jealous when I see little kids with great parents because boy do I wish I could of had that experience. I feel like I would be such a more stable person.

I don't think I'll ever forgive my parents. They haven't change and never will. They don't think they did any wrongdoing and you can't forgive someone who won't say sorry and change their ways. It's futile. It is heartbreaking knowing, though, that in a couple decades they'll be gone and the damage they caused will never be repaired.

The important thing is getting yourself into a safe environment and with people who actually care about you so you can emotionally recover.

Current Diagnoses: Persistent Depressive Disorder (dysthymia), Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder.
RainbowSadness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArisingNight, Stic