View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers
*Beth* is practicing healthy breathing for brain, mind, body, spirit.

3 yr Member
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
I really relate to a lot of what has been said here. I just think on some level, we, as mentally ill folks, are devalued by this culture an society.

I agree. Neuroptypical people seem to (in general) fear mental illness and/or they think we can "be normal" if we really want to.

I sent a rather vulnerable email to my oldest friend 9 days ago. I have not heard back. I know he is busy, but I also feel like he just doesn't like having to deal with someone as sick as me because it makes him uncomfortable. I know he loves me.

Sending the email was courageous. I keep all my friends (even the friends I've had all of my life) at arm's length. I don't want to share my inner, real world with them and I don't want to hear them go on about the cruise they're taking, or their new car, and whatever other of their life's details that just make me feel inadequate.

It's just so hard for us to find people who will agree to be in our s*** with us.
"Showing up is 90% of life."
That might be true. But noone ever seems to show up for us. Except us.
That's why I always say that you guys are my real family. Because you are.

There is no place I've felt more at ease than I do with peers (others who have mental illness).

I'd much rather be alone than exhaust myself trying to fit someone's idea of "normal"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn