View Single Post
Bongo2015

Member Since Dec 2014
3 hugs
given
Default Dec 31, 2019 at 01:29 PM

Hey there great to read your message. First off I can totally relate to catastrophic OCD. I am constantly plagued with thoughts of 'If I do this action, then something bad will happen'. For example my OCD has made me think if I followed through with my action then a family member will die within x number of years. Recently I had to follow through with something despite my OCD telling me my mother would die within a year if I did it. It made me feel bloody horrible but the further I go away from this the more I realise its a catastrophic OCD coming into play and I shouldn't feel guilty. Its really limiting what I do and I need to learn to follow through with things despite my mind telling me otherwise.

Secondly I know from experience it is not always possible to go cold turkey on something. Give yourself short term goals such as I will make it through to the weekend without compulsive behaviours. Then halfway through the following week. If you relapse don't beat yourself up. This is a f***ing cruel condition we have and it will bite back so many times. Baby steps!
Bongo2015 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote