View Single Post
Anonymous48672
Anonymous48672 has no updates. Edit

Default Jan 07, 2020 at 08:45 PM

Hi @MrsA yes. If you join a Dislocated Workers program through Goodwill Easter Seals or through your county, you get access to a career counselor who will help you find a job and provide you with access to take certification classes (i.e. grant money used to pay for whatever classes you want to take -- if you want to become a medical assistant, they pay for your tuition that you don't have to repay).

Also, I don't know what they are called in every state, but in MN they are called CareerForce Centers. They are county funded centers that help people in transition in life and offer a ton of free classes, access to computers and even career counselors who are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If i didn't have these resources, and I was stuck job searching at home, I don't think I will be as successful. It's nice knowing I have to be accountable to a career counselor now. And, if i have any doubts, or questions, or need information related to my job search, now I have access to a career counselor who can help me. I did contact my college alumni association to be connected to my graduating class of '92 but that's not always reliable. It's just another resource. I went to the career counseling center of my former university and asked them to add my name to their list. I am also looking on LinkedIn for old classmates. I'm literally not leaving any stone unturned at this point anymore. I can't.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MrsA