amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 08, 2020 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugahorse1 View Post
I need to get out of this depressive helplessness cycle.
I have realised I need to be responsible for my happiness
That life is not worth living if you cannot be happy and have things to look forward to
That as much as it will take a huge effort to get myself out of this hole, and quite frankly I would like validation from others regarding my achievement, if isn't about others, it is about me
I genuinely need to love myself and do things that are "selfish"; good for me without always second guessing myself about how it will affect others. I tend to then not make many decisions at all.

I am looking for a self help book that can assist me in changing my mindset - has anyone got anything they can recommend?
Im sorry but I cant recommend a specific book for you because each person is different and where they want to focus when working on depression has so many different areas that it would be impossible to recommend something. especially since this site comes with a disclaimer at the bottom of the page that says to contact your own treatment providers for treatment issues.

that said what I can tell you is that there are some great book sites online I cant recommend one specific site because psych central does have a rule of not posting other sites for the specific purpose of sending members to those sites, but I can tell you that if you use google and type in the words depression self help books you will find lots of websites where you can preview a variety of self help books that you and your treatment provider can match to your specific needs and what you want to focus on.

That said if you are instead asking or would like to know what books …...I ...have found helpful for ………..my own...……….self help and treatment I can tell you that ………...for me...………...The Self Love workbook is one of my go to books as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy 7, also Anxiety, Worry and depression workbook, Mind over Mood 2nd edition all come in handy for helping …………..me...……….
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote