View Single Post
LundiHvalursson
LundiHvalursson has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Jan 12, 2020 at 02:38 AM

I am an American who went to uni in the UK. 10000 km (6000 miles) away from home. I always had a lot of anxiety when I was away from my family and living on my own. When I first lived alone as a teenager, plus a foreign student at university, it created huge anxiety. I got over some of it, but it always came back. I am grateful for my time in the UK, because it gave me a lot of life experience, not only from living in a foreign country, but also living alone. But the anxiety remained.

Now I plan to apply to medical schools in Italy. This course is six years long almost anywhere in Europe. I have to live alone, for what looks to be a very long time. Now that I plan to live alone and will almost undoubtedly get the same type of loneliness anxiety, how should I cope?

I am 30, so I am more mature than before. But I still have this weird anxiety from being away from home and my parents. I do not want to sound like some small boy who is afraid, I mean I am an adult. But it just gives me a lot of anxiety anyway.
LundiHvalursson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous48672, June55