View Single Post
walkingby

Member Since Aug 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 12, 2020 at 10:14 AM

Hi,

Since I started working night shift daily- 2 years ago - I completely stop going out.

I walk the dog 4 times a day, one of this walks is a long one, and my only social time is with my dog owner friend. That's it. And the rest of the walks are boring, I just want to go back home.

No more going to the beach in the summer, no more sports, no more nothing. I imagine, I plan trips, swimming, this and that...and I don't go.

My days are short and I have ZERO energy to be with anyone or do anything. My day off I sleep and stay home. Reading, learning.

I can't seem to find what exactly is blocking me.
I don't know if it's anxiety for spending money on myself, or anxiety because I have to get ready to go to work and I can't relax, discomfort for doing things alone, simply lack of quality sleep...

I'm using hypnosis for fighting agoraphobia, enjoy outdoors, crave exercise, fight social anxiety, be more productive and even frequency sounds to get more energy.

Still, nothing. I wake up and feel like crap.

When I worked a week in a daytime shift I slept all night for 7 days and I had lots of energy, I organized my goals, I worked on each of them.
By noon, I had already done lots of things. All indoors things but those were the first things of my list of goals and to dos.

Then I went back to the night shift and I can't even do stretches...it's daunting...I feel so drained, blocked, imprisoned. I want to be quiet. Alone, safe, comfortable and quiet.

Any strategies? Recommended books, videos, articles about this?

I have a sleep routine, I eat well. And sometimes I can feel the kick to exercise, but it's not everyday. And I just can't see myself going anywhere.

thank you
walkingby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna