View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jan 12, 2020 at 03:22 PM

Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately I don't have any nifty suggestions for you. In my own case I stopped once I had done irreparable harm to myself & had to face the reality that, if I continued, I could make things even worse than they already were / are. Clearly that's not a strategy I would want to recommend to anyone.

The thing is, if it weren't for the fact I could make things even worse than they already are, I suspect I might do it again. (The urge is still there.) So personally I'm inclined to agree with your former T who said it will take as long as it takes. I know that's not the answer you were looking for. But it's the one I have. There are articles, in PC's archives, on the subject of how to change a bad habit. I don't know if there is anything in these articles that could be of help. However here are links to 3 of them:

Science Says This Is How to Break Any Bad Habit

The Golden Rule of Habit Change

7 Steps to Changing a Bad Habit

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, zapatoes