Thread: The med tango
View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jan 12, 2020 at 07:03 PM

I understand how you feel. Hopefully you'll be able to have your cocktail reduced a bit, but for very many people (especially adults in middle-age and older) medications are just a given in life. Do you have therapy every week or more? I can imagine people who work full-time must find frequent sessions (even once per month) a hassle.

I've been taking bipolar medications (and related meds) for over 14 years now. The filling of my pill boxes and the trips to the pharmacy, especially, are still little hassles, but the downing of my morning and evening medications are so much part of my daily routine that the act has become quite insignificant - meaning takes about 5 seconds total each. I'll admit that when I was taking medications three and four times per day that was particularly distressing. I'm glad I only take them twice per day nowadays. I managed to negotiate things that helped ease the burdens.

I guess I take the same number of psych meds as you right now. Compared to the past, it doesn't seem that bad. Perhaps we're all different, but sometimes things seem easier over time.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote