View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Jan 12, 2020 at 11:31 PM

Lundi, why do you assume that you have to live alone. I think whatever medical school in Italy that accepts you, will have student housing options. At the very least, once you get accepted to medical school in Italy, contact the school's student services division to find out how you can connect with other medical students to room with.

My friend went to medical school in Spain and she lived with some of her classmates for the duration of her medical studies there. She lived in Spain for 8 years. She's always said if it weren't for her roommates, she couldn't have managed medical school alone. She also met her husband in Spain (he's a Spaniard). She recently left the U.S. now to get her medical license in the UK and Ireland (she's living and working in Ireland right now) and plans to move to New Zealand to get her medical license there afterward and will live there for a year (her husband totally supports this too). Then, she will eventually settle in Spain where she plans to open up her own medical clinic. She keeps bugging me to move to Spain so I will wait until she's done her other licensing and traveling and see where she and I are both at, path-wise, in a few years.

So, do NOT give up your dream of medical school in Italy. My god. Italy! Best food in Europe! Do not live alone. Find fellow classmates to rent an apartment with, or dorm with. Doesn't matter that you're 30 years old. America is the only place that promotes living alone as though it were a normal healthy activity, which it's totally not. Italians are the warmest people (next to Portuguese and Spanish). Plan to live with some classmates or at the very least, put an add in the roommate websites used in Europe. Like these: Italy furnished apartments, sublets, short term rentals, corporate housing and rooms. and Roommates in Rome, Italy | Erasmusu.com and Spare Rooms, Flatshares, Furnished Flats Italy | ROOMLALA
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*