View Single Post
Misterpain
Misterpain has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jan 13, 2020 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
From my own personal experience in the past when I tried psych meds, the side effects were far worse than what the Pdoc who prescribed them, claimed their function in my healing would be like. I view all psych meds as a cruel joke on people who need mental health support. I don't trust psych meds, period. I know this opinion may put me in a negative light with many PC members who rely on their meds to help them. But Lithium destroyed my thyroid and I wasn't even diagnosed properly by the Pdoc who I trusted foolishly as a 21 year old, when I tried it for a few months. There are other pysch meds I was prescribed, for my anxiety disorder, by Pdocs who should not be licensed, b/c those drugs nearly killed me, nearly changed my personality, and nearly destroyed my health. Those drugs contributed to the loss of jobs, loss of friendships, loss of sleep, loss of clear thinking, loss of driving, loss of a lot of things.

I joined PC to get support for my anxiety. I knew that a lot of people here take psych meds. My cousin, a recovering AA/NA is a psych nurse. She is on multiple psych meds and even she has changed 100% b/c of those meds. It breaks my heart. I view psych meds as evil b/c what do they really do? They screw up the human brain, the physiology of a person, give them horrible, debilitating side effects, create mania or suicidal ideation, create behavioral problems like sex addiction, alcohol addiction, create sexuality changes (some people become sexually aggressive, or even change their sexual orientation while on psych meds).

There's a TON of research in medical journals, blogs written by former and current psychiatrists and other doctors about this dilemma. It's so taboo b/c the accepted social norm is that if you have a mental illness, a psych drug will fix your mental illness. No, it won't. Yet millions of people are brainwashed by the marketing, and by the lies told to them by Pdocs and pharmacists who buy into the lie about the role of psych drugs on a person's life.

There is a 2010 documentary film, NUMB about a suburban dad hooked on psych drugs and he narrates his journey on how he attempts to wean himself off of his meds. This documentary asks the question, "What happens when you stop taking your antidepressants?"

YouTube
There is a body of evidence that is growing by the day ,showing the rate of psychiatric disability has exploded in the modern age of big Pharma's development of "psychoactive candy" ,matter of fact studies show in head to head comparison the actual recovery from psychosis happens sooner ,and is more complete in patients not treated with antipsychotics.

As many will tell you the gold standard in medicine is evidence , test results ,lab work etc that can confirm a doctors belief of X or Y is the correct diagnosis , they have actual proof .Psychiatry has not had and still does not have any evidence ,any of its treatments are correct and psychiatry is littered with the corpses of treatment once considered humane ,ethical and restorative ( drilling holes in the head to let demons out ,chaining people to immovable objects ,the "Utica crib" ,hypothermia, insulin shock,straight jackets, electro shock therapy ,lobotomies ( hell the guy who ivented putting an ice pick into the brain to disconect the frontal lobe won a Nobel prize for it ) today we have the highly profitable pharmaceutical industry driving Mental Health and diagnosis ,if you watch TV you can see it happen with direct to consumer advertising , you start seeing commercials describing Vague "symptoms" and urging people that it maybe treatable , they should see there doctor ,that means big pharma has a new drug , they dont waste money on Public service announcements ,they have a new drug that allegedly treats those symptoms,and you notice in 6 months or so ,those PSA's are gone ,and they are straight up advertising there expensive new drug . And not coincidently everything in the DSM that has a diagnostic name and code ,is pitched to Psychiatrist by drug companies ,to make it into the book ,the disorder must be discussed at a convention by upper level elitest pschiatrist at a vacation junket at some swanky place like Fiji , so drugs and disorders are sold both to patients and doctors ,of. Course that is until a trend developes that causes everyone to rethink how did this happen ,in the first place .

Now the treatment of mental illness has evolved many times ,we are currently in the Biochemical imbalance period of thinking ( despite it being proven wrong every few years ,Psychiatry clings to it like a security blanket and refuses( most but not all psychiatrist)to face the fact the only biochemical imbalance the patient truly has that can be proven is the one your XXXXX drug is causing .

Also notice we have diseases & we have disorders,diseases are things that evidence based medicine can prove , disorders are thinks that can't be proven at anytime past or present ,mental illness falls completely in the unproven disorders category .

Some people you might be intrested in if your not already is Peter Bregin M.D a psychiatrist who doesn't believe pumping patients full of chemicals from big pharma is correct or ethical and doesn't use them .
Also I know the sounds strange ,but a former journalist named Bob(Robert) Whitaker is fascinating, he originaly got involved when researching a story for his newspaper , it then became passion ,because so much of big pharma and mental health treatment is built on flimsy ,shady, hypothetical information . Drug testing studies are famously sleazy , they know what outcome they want and expect then they pick a very small group of patients that will be studied, most Drugs that reach the market have been approved as safe & effective have only been used in many cases on significantly less than 5000 people for less than a year . I personaly will not take any patented drug until it's patent expires and it doesn't have a boatload of lawsuits for injury and death , this "waiting period" as I call it allows for a truer idea of side effects and adverse events that either were known by big pharma and the deliberately lied to FDA or legitimately didn't know about because so few people were exposed to it in clinical trials that it was news to them ,i formed this opinion from near death experiences and life changing adverse effects with new drugs . Right now I still take Remeron (mirtazipine ) it might in some way be helping my sleep disorder so insurance will not say a peep about me taking it ,more importantly my doctor doesnt want to destroy the last year's of my life ,because the nasty drug withdrawal lasts as long as 3 years.
Now notice I said withdrawal, big pharma doesn't want to admit some of there garbage is habituating or causes dependence ,so they lie and call it discontinuation syndrome ,every psychiatric drug has a withdrawal some worse than others .

Sorry I am long winded , if your here ,I am not condemning or endorsing any individuals choice of treatment , I am just stating facts as I know them ,your choices should be a mutual decision between you and your doctor . That said I see alot of people being told what to take and given a brief rundown of side effects ,to me that's criminal , you should be thoroughly informed of all treatments and side effects and given a chance to research same before committing to a course of action !this has to my knowledge never been litigated in a court but to me ,a doctor giving a patient limited choices and information violates what is required in the legal practice of medicine INFORMED CONSENT.
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
mary2020