Thread: Light Therapy
View Single Post
Misterpain

Member Since May 2016
Default Jan 13, 2020 at 08:40 PM

I do not have SAD ,I do have a circadian rythym disorder , my sleep pathologist is one of the foremost experts in sleep inthe country , he turned me onto the whole light and sleep connection , I don't use a lightbocper see I have a full spectrum variable temperature reading light and desk lamp , I also have a rather large full spectrum alarm clock that does have a memory that you can create artificial sunrise/ sunset and such ,right now I am not using my clock (I am waiting for cataract surgery) however until my vision room a dump I would use a silent(no alarm tone) gradual sunrise till it was full brightness to wake me up . So I can safely say light works well , I had in the past been diagnosed both as SAD & bipolar by doctors who didn't understand what havoc not sleeping does to a person ,I can look like a textbook case, checking all the boxes on Signs & Symptoms of depression thru schizophrenia based completely on how much sleep or lack of i get . I hope you try light and it improves your QoL.
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SquarePegGuy

Thanks for this!
SquarePegGuy