Veteran Member

LilyMop Hoping

3 yr Member
81 hugs
given
Default Jan 14, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Roses View Post
Oh I forgot to comment on your statement about the emotional state of the mother. I have yet to meet a perfect mother. I have never met a person whose childhood was without occasional strife.

I was at times depressed when my kids were young. Like you we talked. I took t them to see my therapist to help them understand..that it wasn't about them.

Lots of parents , especially when I was young explained nothing. Do as you are told was the rule. Yet somehow we did not abandon our parents or show total disrespect. We did not abandon our children when they were difficult. No one escapes childhood without some neurosis. As an adult one takes responsibility and finds their way.

So no doubt we were flawed. We did nothing to deserve this. I know you do not think and did not say that our children are justified in doing what was done to us.

It's just that life is hard. Harder for some than others. I want to tell my kids to grow up! Sorry if I'm ranting.

Yes, you’re right. None of us is perfect. Our kids will realize that when their own kids get older. My counselor says it happens when their kids get to the age that they were when problems started with their own parents.
LilyMop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Paper Roses