View Single Post
Anonymous48672
Anonymous48672 has no updates. Edit

Default Jan 14, 2020 at 12:20 PM

Have Hope, I don't think resurgam's responses were unsupportive. resurgam took the time to offer their opinion based on their own personal experience with toxic work environments. I found their post very respectful of your feelings. That's the beauty of community; the diversity of voices. Not every voice looks or sounds the same. Why should it? If you only want people to tell you what you want to hear, how does that help you grow? Diversity is what makes the world a unique place.

I know with online forums, it's easy to misinterpret context. I agree with resurgam's interpretation of that phrase because I view toxic work environments that way too. Does that mean I don't support you? Absolutely not. What it means is, if I leave a toxic environment, it's only because everything I tried to do to make positive changes has failed, so leaving is both the last resort and best option.

If you don't want opinions, then posting may not be a good activity for you. Because, when you post a thread on any public forum, people with diverse opinions will respond. How do you respond to people in your offline life, when you ask them for advice and they give you an opinion that you disagree with, or feel is unsupportive? Online, you can put that member on ignore until your feelings cool off. But, I do worry that your not managing your expectations well by expecting anyone who responds, to only tell you what you want to hear. If you open yourself up to the that you can choose to not respond to people's posts you take offense or, or disagree with, without confronting them, then I think you will feel more relaxed about posting. Use the ignore button. That's what it's here for.