View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Jan 14, 2020 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
And I recall doc john’s words: “respect the OP’s requests. And what they’re looking for when they post.”
Ah, well resurgam did respect your request. But you disagree with resurgam. That's the difference. resurgam didn't post intentionally to hurt your feelings.

I don't think there was any misunderstanding. I think it's unrealistic to preface your threads with, "I'm only looking for support." Not everyone's views will align with yours and not everyone's going to agree with your approach to problems, in their effort to offer you their approach to your problem, which could be different. Different doesn't mean bad.

Creativity in problem solving requires diversity. If everyone tried to solve the problem the same way, the problem can't get solved. Does that make sense? When communities come together to solve a problem, everyone has input. Some of that input is relevant and helpful and some may not be. But, brainstorming ways to solve a problem in small or large groups, often means there will be a lot of different opinions. And different opinions offer broader perspectives.