View Single Post
Misterpain

Member Since May 2016
Default Jan 14, 2020 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
@Misterpain THANK YOU for your long-winded response. I am very familiar with Dr Peter Bregin. And, I feared I was the only anti-psych med PC'er (having been on a few myself in the past 30 years). I thought people would just label me as uninformed and judgmental b/c I find psych meds to be the biggest scam.

When I was prescribed Accutane for cystic acne as a 17 year old, not only did that drug make me feel suicidal within 3 weeks of first taking it, but it made me more aggressive and dried out my skin so harshly that my face turned red and so I stopped taking it cold turkey. Lithium destroyed my thyroid for life. Seroquel made me hallucinate and took away my ability to drive, let alone function. Celexa gave me tachycardia, dried out my eyes, nasal passage ways and mouth to the point I was coughing all the time and red eyed; not to mention the interminable insomnia I experienced on it and worst of all: the suicidal ideation. And by nature I'm very much a Sally Albright kinda gal (reference to When Harry Met Sally, a la Nora Ephron). All prescribed to me for my anxiety disorder. Which, by the way, can totally be treated drug-free (it turns out!!) with music therapy, art therapy, meditation, nutrition, DBT, and CBT.

Also, a cousin of mine is a lobbyist for Big Pharma (she pushes their agenda and has no conscience left where patient lawsuits are concerned). We were close growing up, but are estranged now because she refuses to acknowledge the flimsy stilts that the psychiatry industry is founded on. It's all direct to consumer marketing on tv, on the radio, online. I could write a thread on what I think of the DSM. Don't even get me started on that holy bible of baloney.

God knows the long term health effects those drugs will have on me overall. Maybe one of them injured my liver and is the cause of my NALFD. I'll never know unless I get a biopsy done of my liver and well, I don't foresee that happening b/c I don't want the surgeon to accidentally puncture my lung or heart. I'm curious to know how i got it. I think it was a medication injury cause. But only a biopsy would clarify the NALFD's cause.

Like, you, I am NOT condemning or endorsing any person's choice of medication for treatment. I hope that people will still like and respect me here, despite my belief that psych drugs are not the correct solution for mental disorders.
I remember the whole Accutane scandals ,I was adopted after my mom was murdered ,the woman who adopted me worried I would have acne like my brother ,his face is one big scar , but she went herbal naturopath so fortunately my face is fine no scars no Accutane ( recently the FDA approved it's first acne drug post Accutane lessons learned ) I am sorry you have had to endure this , it sounds like you fall into the group of people who experience more side effects than any alleged primary effects . I did try when it came out (I was young, dumb, and believed what my doctor told me ,which of course was spoon fed to her from big pharma) Zyprexa , they said it was good for everything ,regardless of what was wrong , I tried it for maybe 4 months for " insomnia " didn't help !however it did give me insulin dependent diabetes & multiple heart attacks , by that time doctors had a bad feeling about it and there was rumors ,but nothing could be proven , then lawsuits started and 8 whistle blowers from the company came forward with internal documents showing Lilly new about these side effects and purposely lied to get FDA approval, to this day it's still a best seller with a black vox warning , the fines and payouts to victims was pennies on the dollar ,the new either abandon the drug as too dangerous or lie ,get approval and get a slap on the wrist ,earning billions of dollars .

The entire drug industry runs on money,dirty money .
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, bpcyclist