Poohbah

Member Since May 2018
80 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2020 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I woke up in a mild funk again. I don't know what to do today. I don't want to do anything, but don't want to do nothing, either. I should look at a French learning textbook. I'll push myself.

Tomorrow is another dreaded trip to Philly for my husband's eyes. The worst part is that his appointment is in the mid morning, instead of the usual 1 pm"ish". During commuter time. They were pressuring him to take an 8:30 am, but we said "No!" because we'd have to get up extremely early. I wish poor hubby's eye would finally recover well enough that these trips were just twice per year! We were there just four weeks ago. We've been making them for what seems like years. At least there is no snow in the forecast.

I see my therapist today. I don't feel like talking to her. I don't dislike her, but...I don't know. I am in a state of mind where I don't like anything. I'm even sick of myself right now. I'm irritable.

Does anyone here remember the children's book about "Pierre who doesn't care"? You know, how Pierre would keep responding "I don't care!" That stupid thing is going through my head. If I recall correctly, in the end Pierre said "I don't care" even when faced with the danger of being eaten by a lion. Am I right? Can someone remind me if the lion ended up eating him? Or did he suddenly care when faced with that imminent danger? It's been over 40 years since I read/heard that story.
I found the lyrics online, they better explain it than I could

Carole King - Pierre Lyrics | AZLyrics.com

My avatar picture is a photo of the Whirlpool Galaxy I took in April 2023. I dedicated this photo to my sister who passed away in July 2016.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, Nammu, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Nammu, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote