Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Jan 18, 2020 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
Thanks Bizi ...We always did elderberry growing up soon as one of us coughed sideways my mom went for a drive that stuff grew along sides of the road in Florida lol she also made a wonderful jelly with them. I also have ACV , honey, ginger on hand from when steve was last sick.
yes! My grandmother taught me to use ACV, honey, garlic and, sometimes, ginger. When I know I am starting a rather severe respiratory viral infection, I use that mixture AND I peel garlic cloves and either chew them, slice them or swallow them whole.

A Dr, Jarvis, from Vermont (USA), wrote on the usefulness of ACV-based mixtures used for various health conditions with both people and with large animals ( esp. dairy cattle). I recall my grandfather, a dairy farmer, pouring ACV on the hay/feed in the winter when the cattle were coughing, noses dripping, etc.

D. C. Jarvis - Wikipedia

Now ACV is also used to stabilize blood sugar, according to a couple of my friends living with diabetes. (They take it in tablet form.)

My grandmother always added approx. a tablespoon or less of raw ACV to a glass of water just before meals. She had said this helped her to easily digest her food.

I could go on about the uses in folk medicine, but won't. I am getting too far OT! My maternal great- grandmother was the region's "doctor"/midwife until a trained physician came to the region much later in her life. So my grandmother was well-trained in " Folk Medicine."

I use the raw ACV (Bragg's).

Just a brief note of caution: Anyone with serious immune deficiency issues should check with their doctor prior to ingesting raw ACV and/or raw honey.
I'd be very cautious about using these two ingredients in their raw form with young children, as well.

I hope anyone feeling unwell in any way can rest up and will recover asap!
Much Love

Hugs from:
Innerzone, Nammu, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Nammu, ~Christina