Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Jan 18, 2020 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever2013 View Post
I'm giving my dog away! I love her but i've always felt guilty about the inconsistent schedule i have her on. This is due to my bipolar cycles, being manic in the Spring and Fall and up at dawn and depressed in the Summer and Winter and up at noon. That has to be hard on her. Dogs need routine. Also, due to being so rundown physically due to bipolar i haven't been walking her. I've just been taking her to a dogpark, which isn't ideal either.

So my neighbor's dog died recently and she is a superb dogmom, you can set your clock by her, she was out three times a day walking her dog and she's going to take my dog! That way my dog's environment stays the same and i can still see her occasionally. My neighbor already loves my dog and my dog loves her and i know she is going to a good home.

My neighbor is going away to Florida for a week soon so we'll just try and transition my dog for now. My neighbor's going to be taking her out for walks and i'm so glad i don't have to face that anymore! I love my dog but i won't miss the crushing guilt i've felt about her inconsistent schedule. I'm just soooooooooo pleased! It's best for all of us.
Wow!

I often think of us as "guardians" of our pets more than "owning" them.
Your love story about your dog demonstrates your role as a truly outstanding guardian! I hope, if ever in a similar position, I'd have a heart as big and as strong as yours.

I am grateful there are people like you and like your neighbor, too, taking excellent care of the dog you share.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Sunflower123