Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Jan 18, 2020 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
I’ve spent the last few days laying low due to a Fibromyalgia flare-up. Feeling better this morning which is great because I have my cousin’s Engagement party this evening. Big event, 150 people, so I’m both excited, and a little worried I’ll have to leave early due to exhaustion, or anxiety. Overall, I’m positive it will be fun.

Things aren’t going so well between my partner (ex-husband) and I. We just seem to annoy each other. I can see all the reasons we split in the first place and they are mostly problems that can’t be fixed. Long story. I love him dearly but he has no insight into his contribution to our issues, and never takes responsibility for anything. I’m too attached right now to end it, and also he’s in a dark place so I’d hate to abandon him, but it is also not good for my health. It seems we are going in different directions now. The relationship feels doomed. There are many positives. This is just where I’m at right now.

Apart from resting I’ve been planning, and organising my year. It all hangs on my health both physical, and mental. I plan to do all I can to have a successful year, and end it employed.
Fibro exacerbations can be so incredibly painful, so distressing in many ways. I go through this and am sorry you do, as well.

Relationships are rather notoriously challenging, for sure. it certainly seems as though you both care deeply for one another. Of course, we also need to consider whether the differences/difficulties are weighing upon us too heavily, affecting any aspect of our well-being to any degree.

Any chance a couple's counselor might assist him with some insight and/or help him to take responsibilities? I'm not second-guessing you. In thinking about what you've written, I am reminded of relationships I've seriously had to end. I am also reminded of a couple of others where I am sorry I did not try even short-term counseling.

it's fantastic you are proactively addressing your goals for your future!
This reminds me that I need to better adjust and clarify mine!

You are sounding good!

Much Love, Wander!

Hugs from:
Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
~Christina