View Single Post
Tucson
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
16 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 19, 2020 at 10:33 AM

$13 per hour x 20 hours per week makes for $260 a week. There is at a maximum of 4.43 weeks in a (31 day) month. So this makes for earning at most $1152 a month. The SGA begins at $1260 for 2020.

The calculator that I used for this in the past appears to have given me erroneous results. Must be a brain fart on my end. So now I see that I am cutting it really close! I still have two months left where I can make unlimited earnings before SGA applies. So I can see how the first two months of the job goes with this buffer in mind.

Can you check my math here?

The only thing that I do not like is the clock will start ticking for me, using up to the total of 3 years. This is where if I earn at or over SGA, I will not receive my SSDI check. However, since I will be under SGA, I will continue to get the disability check. From what I understand, after three years, if I make more than SGA for just one month, I am kicked off of disability. IOW if I continue making below SGA, I should be OK, but I do think this job will put me on their radar.

Here is the part that I like. I will be making $13,520 a year, gross. Lets say maybe about $10,000 after taxes, or $834 a month. . This assumes each week will be 20 hours, but in reality it will be less. I collect $1620 a month in non-taxable SSDI benefit. So this gives me a total of $2454 a month after taxes. I have huge debts that I need to pay off with this extra money, something on the order of $60,000. Yes, those are four real zeros that you see. Will I live long enough for this? Probably not. I find myself somehow amused by this last observation of mine.

So I hope I can keep this job, or a job like it, a good part into the future. I cannot afford to be fired. It is hard finding easy jobs that pay anything, and work you 20 hours or less. Part time work usually means over 20 hours a week.

Last edited by Tucson; Jan 19, 2020 at 11:51 AM..
Tucson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi