View Single Post
barbrobe

Member Since Aug 2018
Default Jan 19, 2020 at 06:37 PM

ADHD provides substantial roadblocks from those of us who have it. I worked as a paralegal for over 35 years and it never was easy. I learned to live with my mistakes and tried hard to not blame myself unless blame was appropriate. For me, ADHD means that when I work, I can almost never relax and that vigilance has taken a toll. But having gotten older, I try to remember the times that the ADHD was a gift. Oh was I really mad when I was diagnosed, but with the medication, I do very well now and when I make a mistake, I say to myself "Oh just get over it" In the legal profession, lawyers, etc. always act as if one mistake is going to destroy the case or whatever. Guess what, even in law, there is a redo - just remember that. And always try to remember that because of ADHD you have unbelievable gifts that so many others dont. Focus on the positive aspects every single day and you will soon realize it might just be possible to enjoy it. OH I cannot believe I said that. Be positive about yourself, your efforts and who you are. ADHD really doesnt define you. And you might have throw some friends or others under the bus if they cannot accept you as you are - and if they cant, are they worth it?
barbrobe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes