View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jan 21, 2020 at 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugahorse1 View Post
Maybe I should try The Power Of Now - it sounds familiar.
I might try that one first. I suppose for me, spoiler alert, that book was the first time that someone came out and said, paraphrasing, you have a little troubled passenger in your head that wants to hurt you. The author calls it the "ego" and states that the ego is what drives to pain and suffering. Most people are not aware of this situation and are therefore "highly associated" with the ego. So the ego controls you. But once you realize you don't need to listen to it... that you can just acknowledge that it is there and pat it on the head and say -- nice try - you get less associated with it and can be happier and more calm.

So when you are worrying about something thinking "I won't be able to do this" you can stop and step back and say, wait a minute, that is my ego talking, I don't have to listen to that voice in my head. Nice try ego.

After reading it I saw clearly that the most toxic people around me were all highly reactive and you could tell they were completely associated with the ego.

Agree about the Secret but I just find Rhonda Byrne so motivating... like a cheerleader.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote