View Single Post
Paper Roses

Member Since Jan 2010
14 hugs
given
Default Jan 24, 2020 at 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

I could have written your post, Lilymop.

My husband is meeting our daughter for lunch today; he has promised to speak with her seriously about her estrangement with me. I'm so anxious about it I felt slightly sick. It will probably be another, "I'm not ready to contact Mom yet."

Beth,
I do hope that your daughter has softened a bit. That being said, we all know we must let go of the outcome.

I was doing ok and was focusing on me when I got a call from my brother yesterday. Long story but I will share a little for context.

My siblings, mostly my older sisters, ostracized me as well. I haven't spoken to the for 40 years with a few exceptions regarding health issues. This is when they call when someone is ill.
My sister L called my brother D to say another sister, B, is dying.

My sister B is 75 years old and the first of the seven of us to be terminally ill. I am sorry to hear this of course. I have had little contact with her for ,as I said, 40 years or more.

My brother then said that my sister L wanted my phone number and did I mind that he gave it to her? I don't mind but really I don't have much to say to her. L was the one who convinced my mother to exclude me, only me, from all family holiday gatherings. This began when I was 20. I was alone with two babies and spent my holidays with them. The reason given, trust me I was not a difficult adult child, was that my two year old bothered her five year old. He would want to play with her new toys. That was the only reason given. No calls or visits from any of the other six siblings ever happened on Christmas or other holidays.

Then I remembered abuse later in my thirties and the same sister turned the others against me even more saying I lied.

So now she wants to reconcile??? I'm not sure she will call but if she does I'm at a loss as to how I will handle it. Being so alone while raising my kids I think made it so much harder for me and them it no doubt contributed to our stress as a family. Ugh. I don't know what to say to her if s h e calls. I might be open to her apologizing but I'm sure she won't .

How can people be so cruel? Any suggestions as to what to do?
I might just ignore the call. It just brings back so much sadness.

Hugs from:
here today

Thanks for this!
LilyMop