Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 25, 2020 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Hey, guys. New to this board, so super-quickie history: Long-time bipolar 1 with a lot of recent mania and psychosis. Voices, cameras in the apartment, racing thoughts, etc. On and on. Been going on for years.

In the past several months, I have noticed myself counting (in my head) pretty much continuously. I count everything. How far I turn up my music, how many strokes I pedal on my bike, how many vegetables--everything. The final count must always be an even number, otherwise, in my mind, something disastrous will happen. So, it is very important to count correctly.

Generally speaking, all other things being equal, I count to 16 and then start over again. So, if I ride 100 miles on my bike, I will count to 16 over and over for those 6 or whatever hours, without stopping. 16 is the preferred number, but if that can't be done, it has to be an even number.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated. I have no hand washing, door locking, hair pulling, germ cleaning type of history of any kind. Not really sure about this, but thought you all might have some thoughts. Thanks!!

Isn’t there something called pure O OCD?

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist