View Single Post
Alexmd

Member Since Jan 2020
3 hugs
given
Trig Jan 29, 2020 at 08:11 AM

A little history:
I was diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, PTSD at 17 years old. I had a really rough childhood (Probably not the worst but it really affected me). My Dad used to beat me from 4 years old (Belt), to hands until I was 18. I had ADHD and couldn't concentrate at schoolwork. My Dad did nearly nothing for me up till this day.

My mum I think is what they classify as a total psychopath. Fronts as a loving, caring person but is the biggest liar, manipulator, gossiper and just a down right mean person. She kicked us out the house on more than 10 occassions, left us for years, and basically took all of my belongings away from me. They also made me do a paternity test when I was 27 because they apparently believed I was someone else's child.

I left home, got a professional degree, got a good job and a great wife but nothing changed psychology. I became an angry, bitter, depressed and anxious person and suffered from daily nightmares of my parents.

I've been on antidepressants, mood stabilizers, ADHD medication, tranquilizers, anti anxiety drugs and therapy and they have probably helped about 30%.

It's been 7 years since living on my own and needless to say, they are pretty much the same. Narcissistic, bitter, self absorbed people.
They have always used the Christian excuse that you should "honour your parents" in an attempt to get away with whatever they do or say.

I pulled away and this week, after thinking about it for a long time, decided to tell them everything they've done and tell them I'm cutting them off for good. This may seem extreme but the thought of continuously looking for love from them was daunting.

Anyway, I sent the long letter, expecting a response but no substantial apology or anything. I got nothing, not a phone call, not a message, not an email.

I do feel hurt. It's as if I meant nothing, but it's not anything new, I've always been treated as an outcast.I feel strangely liberated for the last few days. I want to move on from this though and would love to hear others thoughts of similar experiences. Does it get better?

Last edited by atisketatasket; Jan 29, 2020 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Added trigger
Alexmd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist, Buffy01, Fuzzybear, happysobercrafter, Lilfae, Purple,Violet,Blue, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, happysobercrafter, unaluna