View Single Post
Zoeing

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Jan 31, 2020 at 07:58 PM

Hi community,

Hope everyone is doing well, or at least on the right path towards it.

I have been in the “blues” since, oh, November/December. I’m midlife, not married, no kids, don’t have what you called true friends, and only have minimal family contacts, though when get together we argue a lot...

Every winter, I avoid Christmas office parties, as people would bring their kids and family and spouses, and I don’t have any. I avoid traveling, most people have someone beside them under festive lights, which are quite beautiful in most cities. I try not to become a workaholic, so I kinda take time off but don’t know what to do (binge movies yes, but what else?). Now that the year has began again, I’m getting back into my “normal” work/sleep/exercise routines, but Valentine’s is again around the corner. I find myself hating it all.

I’m tired, annoyed, feeling helplessly eaten up by my internal emotions. I’m truly busy with my work, but maybe I’m giving other people the impression of being busier than I really am. I have people I like to be around but they too, are busy with family and kids etc. Not like I don’t have human contact, but those only come through work. I find that I ’m isolating myself more and more.

If anyone cares to know, I’m an INTJ Female in the Brigg Meyers personality test... their description is more or less true to a point about me, the good and bad of it...

I find that the “typical self-care” cannot quite work during the festive seasons. The swimming pool is emptier than normal and you’re a lone fish in it, the restaurant is packed and you’re a rare single eating in it (that’s why I avoid that too)... everywhere reminds you that you’re just being weird existing in the space you’re in...

Please give me some suggestions how to handle and make it through the next Christmas/new year/Valentine... this past one was very painful and I cried more than once...

Thanks to all
Zoeing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna