View Single Post
VanillaGhostie

Member Since Jan 2020
Chat Feb 03, 2020 at 05:50 PM

I've been on ADD medication for as long as I can remember. My mom would tell my babysitter to crush it up and put it in my strawberry milk back in kindergarten, maybe earlier. In grade school, they wanted me to start taking the pills normally. I was afraid to swallow them (irrational fear of choking, I think), so sometimes I'd pretend to take the meds, but really stash them behind this broken light switch in the hallway. Sorry Mom and Dad, they tasted REALLY bad!

Around 4th grade, I'd begun noticing the side effects. No appetite, couldn't gain weight, I'd completely crash when I got home from school. We tried the XR's in middle school and high school. I was doing better! The appetite thing still happened but I was getting such good grades. BUT I developed insomnia in high school. It's been 10 years, I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep without prescription sleeping medication. I don't know what's causing it. The ADD? The medication? I really miss falling asleep normally.

Has anyone else experienced severe insomnia while also dealing with ADD/ADHD? I've been trying to ween off the sleeping medicine, but so far I fear I'll still be needing it. I think I've only ever been on Adderall, and my sleeping medicine is Seroquel.
VanillaGhostie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Yaowen