Thread: Lost My Job
View Single Post
browneyedgirl20

Member Since Sep 2011
40 hugs
given
Default Feb 09, 2020 at 06:49 PM

Hey everyone,

I sadly lost my job because my employer believed I was performing poorly and it hadn't improved over time. This has been devastating but also unfair.

I'm far from the angry disgruntled ex employee, however I am unhappy and disappointed that they did not follow procedure for disciplinary action, the dismissal itself and they have rejected my appeal.

What bothers me the most about this is by rejecting my appeal against my dismissal, they have taken away my opportunity to provide evidence that one of their three reasons for my dismissal is incorrect. The person who told them what happened has given the wrong information and I have paper evidence to prove it. I've been honest about anything else I had done wrong, but for this particular reason they are not interested in hearing me out. I'm so frustrated that they won't let me speak.

It has also left me in a very difficult position as I was also due to start a new role within the company in August and that is also potentially off the cards because of this. It would be incredibly difficult to find another role like this elsewhere. My career, and life for the moment, is on hold.

I'm not sure what to do. I am looking for other jobs but it's scary.
browneyedgirl20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42019, Anonymous48672, bpcyclist, nonightowl, Turtle_Rider, winter4me, Yzen

Thanks for this!
leomama