Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 10, 2020 at 02:46 PM

You wrote you're retired from work now & "feel very far from being forced to live these anxiety levels." I haven't been actively employed for 20 years now. However I "ran on my nerves", so to speak, throughout my childhood as well as throughout my working years. Since then, similarly to you it sounds like, I still experience high levels of anxiety.

My body feels as though it's churning 24 / 7 even though I have virtually nothing to be anxious about. So I've come to the conclusion my body was wracked with anxiety for so many years it simply no longer knows how to function any other way regardless of whether there is anything to feel anxious about or not. Perhaps this is the way it is for you too?

Here are links to 2 articles, from PC's archives, on the subject of nightmares just in case you're not already familiar with them:

More Than a Dream: The Science Behind Nightmares | Change Your Mind, Change Your Life

How to Eliminate Recurring Nightmares

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, unaluna, winter4me