View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2020 at 11:20 AM

I'm probably not the only person who is taken advantage of/treated badly because they've been helpful. It feels like a slap in the face.

A neighbour is taking advantage of my generosity. She's recently divorced, with a 12 year old son. He and I talk about sport a lot. Over the past six months I've noticed she wants my help more with financial stuff as she doesn't have a computer. Last Sunday, we sorted out cheaper car insurance. Instead of being pleased, she shouted at me for not getting her name right then accused me of not understanding her culture (Indian). That's when I finally realised I was being used. She's also got me to print out documents for her, not offering to pay towards the printer ink. Here again today, she wanted me to help her sort a birthday present for her older son.

Thankfully, she doesn't just turn up but texts first to see if I'm in. Made her wait today. Also, she's currently off sick from work and sometimes appears confused when talking to me. Not finishing sentences and shoving things in front of me as if I'm a mind reader. I've now decided to take the risk and tell her I'm not in, even when I am.

Am I being heartless in wanting to distance myself from her? When will I learn and keep my distance until learning that not everyone wants to use me.
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Bill3, bpcyclist, MickeyCheeky, Purple,Violet,Blue

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky