View Single Post
Misterpain

Member Since May 2016
Default Feb 13, 2020 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD7970GHZ View Post
If you are ever drawn into litigation for any reason, what a complete stranger has written about you can harm you in many ways. And many of these people are volunteers.

Doesn't that scare you?

Perhaps this isn't a problem if everything that is written is accurate. But if there is no oversight, how do you know?

A court of law probably won't believe you if you say something that is written is untrue... Especially when you are mentally ill. This power imbalance is there at all times for any volunteer to exploit. Nothing stands in the way of their abusing power. Doesn't have to be malicious - when someone doesn't like you, they are more likely to write bad things about you.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz
I had an experience with crisis lines back in 2013-14,> was just home after a cardiac arrest coma & brain injury , they told me to lean on crisis if I needed anything ( the brain injury wiped out all math ,including time ,hours weeks months ,tears meant nothing ) I have multiple sleep disorders and thought I was relearning time and such one of these crisis people ,had the utter gall to tell me ,my sleep disorder wherent possible ,";because they are incomparable with life" ,so out of frustration I told the guy "sont sit on the fence and hint at stuff ,your either telling me i am dead or I am liar ,which one are you going to state for the record " unfortunately for this individual 1. he enraged me 2. I had an auto recorder on my line , within a week of that conversation he was fired, because he didn't report the hole he dug for himself , he couldn't claim innocence when I had it on tape . I have never talked to them again ,and much to there frustration programmed my phone to block them from accessing my line ,so when they wanted to make sure I was still breathing they had to ring the doorbell. Honestly I have a bad habit of surviving ,even my closest friends wanted me to go into a nursing home because they thought I would not be able to survive taking care of myself and relearning all i needed to , it's not always been easy ,but it's 2020 I have survived , they had the same doubts when I had a stroke in 2016 ,of course they were much less verbal about it . That's why I have nothing to do with crisis people ,I know they ultimately safe lives ,when younger I worked on one before getting on the job ,if they are well trained and supervised they can be helpfull to people in various ways . Those that aren't are a public hazard .
Misterpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ