View Single Post
Rustyfinger

Member Since Sep 2019
9 hugs
given
Default Feb 14, 2020 at 06:50 AM

Hi, I wasn't sure of starting this thread here or at the Psychotherapy forum

What do you think about your T's body language? I didn't know that this was a thing until recently. A different T, that I was seeing for a time, told me about it

Last session, mine seemed a little impatient. She was sitting on a desk in front of me with arms crossed, her legs also crossed and her feet pointing away from me. When I was reading something to her, I looked at the ground. She was rocking her foot back and forward, as in "I can't wait for him to finish". I was talking and she cracked her fingers. I don't remember what I was telling her at that moment. I noticed and she, after that, caressed her fingers without cracking them. Also, she brushed her hair with her fingers. She usually does this 2 or 3 per session, but on this one, she was doing it more frequently.

I was googling up every gesture. To sum it up, all are negative gestures. I know that they can't be taken in a isolate way. There seems to be a cluster of them, from my point of view, at least.

I don't know what to think about it. Maybe she just had a long bad day. Maybe she finds to be a drag seeing me so late and wants to go home. Or she got tired of me. Especially, knowing how I feel about her. I'm not sleeping so well and I get tired after work, but I make an extra effort to attend my sessions. Maybe I'm just tired and looking too much into things.

Could she got tired of me? Maybe I should ask her what is happening? There are some days when I feel this " weird vibe" from her. I don't how to put it in words
Rustyfinger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight