fern46 has no updates.

5 yr Member
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 14, 2020 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
I've decided that I am not taking my antipsychotic anymore until I can talk to my pdoc face to face. I can't take this akathisia anymore.

I didn't take my rexulti last night and it looks like I won’t be taking any AP until my pdoc appt on feb 28th (assuming we can even come to an agreement). I am not going to continue playing phone tag with an imbecilic "assistant" who can't even spell propranolol correctly when it's written in my file right in front of her face. That's just plain stupid and inexcusable. Sorry.

Well, at least I have a journal now and I will be journaling myself off this med. We'll see if it's hurting more than it's helping.

So far, the akathisia is a little less if I'm honest. I want to see how things go when I have been off it for 2 weeks. Though, considering my pdoc said that abilify stays in your system for months and rexulti is very chemically/structurally similar, I bet I won't see full benefit until the drug is completely out of my system.

Hopefully my work won't be impacted too much, but I can't take this anymore.
I'm sorry this is happening. I hope the med change helps and doesn't cause any major psyc issues for you. Did you stop cold turkey, or are you tapering? Maybe a reduction could be therapeutic and also reduce the negative symptoms?

I can't remember if it has come up before, but are there other pdocs in your area worth seeing? I know contacting your pdoc with medication issues has been a problem repeatedly. It seems their level of service is a mismatch for your needs. I know you don't want a longer drive, but maybe it is time to consider a change.

Wishing you some much needed relief soon!

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, Nammu, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote