View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 17, 2020 at 09:11 AM

Yes... my advice as well. Block him, do not contact him, and do not get back together with him.

@Aviza, I think this is a GREAT time to take a break from dating, to reevaluate your own behavior in this situation and to make some much needed changes in how you approach dating.

You rushed into this situation very fast. You wanted a commitment very quickly and you overlooked many red flags along the way. You wanted a commitment so badly that you blinded yourself to many important factors in this relationship that came into play.

Here's some tips to help:

-Don't commit yourself to someone without meeting their most important friends first, and their important family members.

-Don't commit yourself to someone before you get to know their full character first - and this takes TIME. [You must be able to observe the person's behavior in many different kinds of situations to get to know their TRUE character -- for instance: how do they behave towards strangers? How do they behave around their family and friends? How do they treat other people generally speaking? And how do they treat YOU in all different types of situations? When things get difficult or stressful in life, how do they react, and how do they treat you? These are situations that arise over time and are important situations THROUGH which you get to know someone's character.]

-Don't commit yourself before knowing that you have common values and common principles in life.

-And don't believe someone's fast declarations of 'love" and statements saying that we're "soulmates" -- that's a glaring red flag when it's said so early on before you even know one another.

This relationship has taught you many important lessons.

Please don't rush back into online dating because you're going to run up against the same exact problems if you continue moving forward with the same exact approach that you've had to dating. You must change your thinking and your entire approach.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote