Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 17, 2020 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's difficult to wean gradually off of Zyprexa? I am currently on 2.5mg, and I am due to be taking 0mg as of tonight. I am currently really nervous about going off of it, but I don't know if I'm just being a hypochondriac and making up symptoms. I have told my psychiatrist that I have felt different over the weeks we have been gradually reducing the Zyprexa, and my therapist thinks I have shown positive improvements in how I look and seem more connected to people. I wonder if this is actually true?

I also just worry because I have been on this combination of medicine for so long and it has seemed to work. So I guess I am just looking for support on how to get off of this medicine and ways I can occupy myself without thinking about the med changes so much.

Thanks.

It took me at least a year to taper abilify....while I did get positive impacts on reading etc I started feeling increasingly irritated if I went off too fast....I know it’s not zyprexa but all APs are similar...I would do a long taper....

Thanks for this!
WastingAsparagus