Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 22, 2020 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGriffin View Post
Hi everyone,

I've recently decided to completely change course in my life and pursue a career in psychology, more specifically I want to work 1-on-1 with individuals in a counseling or therapeutic format.

I've recently taken to this Psychiatrist, Dr. Kanojia, who runs a youtube channel called "healthy gamer gg." His style is very honest, asks many questions, and guides the people he works with to their own conclusions about themselves and their experiences. I find this style to be very rewarding, as many times the people he works with 'discover' things they already knew about themselves, but were hidden to the initial observer.

(I wasn't able to post a link to the video I wanted to share as I'm such a new member, but you can find his content on youtube pretty easily)

My question is, am I able to get a formal education in this particular style? Would I receive this kind of training from any masters or doctoral psychology program I apply to? Dr. Kanojia describes his style as "psychoanalytic", if that helps. My background has nothing to do with psychology so I'm ultimately at a loss and really need some help narrowing down my path ahead.

Thank you all for your time.
Welcome to PC! I would check in with school you are attending and ask them question. I would be careful because there are a lot of scammed out there.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote