Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2020 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
@BirdDancer: Yeah, makes sense why you stopped Nexium. Nexium didn't help me whatsoever. Protonix helped when I was prescribed it (since I think it's Rx only), but the cancer stories scared me away since colon cancer runs in the family. (I know the med works on the stomach, but the intestines are connected to the stomach!) I do worry about the chronic cough and sphincter inflammation, though.

@fern46: Thanks for the link. Maybe I should try eating multiple meals a day to see if that'll help. I do remember eating being painful, though, yeah. I think Rexulti has really messed with my digestive system. I just hope that the cogentin I took doesn't worsen things, since apparently it can reduce hunger and affect your GI tract in a number of other ways.

@giddykitty: yeah, I was tested for celiac disease when I was tested for chronic diarrhea, but it came back negative. They instead said I have IBS-D. I don't have so much of a diarrhea problem now, though, because meds constipate me. lol. But I used to take an antispasmodic a while back.
I've also read a number of times that eating the small frequent portions assists with the reflux. I'm not up to speed on the sciemce behind it, but it makes sense that it would be helpful to be constantly giving the acid something small to work on. I hope it helps a bit.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, giddykitty, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
giddykitty, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote