View Single Post
Rustyfinger

Member Since Sep 2019
9 hugs
given
Default Feb 25, 2020 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpvid View Post
That's a tough one. I generally believe in following your gut. If your overall impression was that she was impatient, then she might have been. If she isn't usually like that, then I'd guess she had something personal going on which had nothing to do with you.

There is a caveat though. I've noticed with myself that I occasionally sense rejection in people when they aren't actually feeling that way. That's a symptom of my own history. I tend to be accurate if I sense someone is sad, mad, etc, but if I feel like I'm sensing that they dislike me or are going to leave me, there is a chance I'm just projecting my fears onto them.

I'd talk to your T about it. She might just offer up the reason and that would be reassuring. She might deny or lie about it. She might point out that she always does that and question if you're projecting something. I'd just go in open and curious and see what happens!

Hey, I do exactly the same thing: thinking that the other person dislikes me or is mad at me. It's one of the things that we are trying to workout. I carrying some guilt and I might be projecting my fear of my T being angry at me (thus the cracking fingers). This might be for opening a new thread but, during our previous session, I made a comment to my T that could be interpreted in more than a way: it was related to something said as example in previous sessions, a way of putting her on a position that i respect very much, AND...In a flirty way. The thing is "all three interpretations are right" I'm not accostumed to flirt, but I wanted to see a reaction. She blushed and rapidly. I embarrased her, I guees. Then, I'm gussing the became angry whemshe had time to thing

My gut tells me that she is offended by what I said. And...maybe, because of that, she wants to cut down our sessions. I don't know what to make of this. Thand
Rustyfinger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote