Thread: Being Bisexual
View Single Post
summersover

Member Since Mar 2016
54 hugs
given
Question Mar 11, 2020 at 01:54 PM

Hi PsychCentral,

I come here from time to time if I have a problem that's on my mind that I can't seem to work out in real life. This community has always been very supportive and I always enjoy it when I come back here.

So, for as long as I can remember, I've had feelings for both males and females. Even when I was a little girl, I always thought women were so beautiful and could tell even then that I was sexually attracted to them. However, my bisexuality is something I don't really acknowledge often, and I consider it to be a part of myself that is barely existent. I've only had romantic/sexual feelings for a girl once when I was in middle school, but I didn't act on it as I believed she was straight. That came and went, and it never really happened to me again until recently, with a coworker.

Now, it's about ten years after that crush (I'm 24 now, almost 25) and I didn't think I'd experience loving a woman again. It's been uncomfortable, to say the least, dealing with these feelings, especially when said coworker is extremely hard to read. She has a boyfriend, but I've noticed some strange things about her that migh signify that she's either bisexual or curious. For example, I got her roses on Valentine's Day and she seemed really happy and grateful for them (even though we barely interact at work). Also, I noticed that she had a tab open on the work computer of a song by Hailey Kiyoko (a lesbian singer). All of these things mixed together (the uncertainity of her sexuality, my uncomfortable feelings regarding my bisexuality) has caused me to become quite...uncomfortable.

What I wanted to ask is this...how do I deal with this? Should I ask her upfront, or let all of this go and ignore it? How should I deal with being uncomfortable about my own sexuality?

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks