Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 13, 2020 at 05:14 PM

I don't know as I really have much of anything useful to offer with regard to your concerns. However I noticed you had yet to receive a reply to this post. So I thought I would offer one.

At the end of your post you asked how to deal with your feelings regarding this young woman on whom you have a crush. And previously you mentioned you had only had this experience once before when you were in middle school & you consider your bisexuality to be a part of you that is barely existent. You now wonder if you should ask your friend, upfront, if she is perhaps bisexual & might possibly be open to a relationship or if you should just ignore your feelings. You also asked how you should deal with being uncomfortable with your own sexuality.

I'm no sort of expert with regard to these sorts of things. I don't think you should ignore your feelings. But my inclination would be to suggest perhaps what you might consider doing first is to try to come to some clarification with regard to your own sexual orientation, perhaps with the guidance of a therapist who is experienced in working with individuals who have sexual orientation concerns, before you take it upon yourself to approach a coworker.

For one thing, this is apparently only the second time in quite a few years you've had the feelings you're experiencing. For another you have only the merest sense that this young woman might possibly be receptive. Plus, given that you are apparently coworkers, should she not be receptive, your overture could potentially have ramifications beyond simply your relationship with this one young woman. She could possibly out you to other coworkers. She could also, I presume, file a sexual harassment claim with the employer. And something such as that could potentially damage your position with the company you now work for as well as follow you as you seek alternative employment opportunities in the future. And, at least the way it sounds to me reading your post, you're not even sure in your own mind if this potential relationship is something you'd really want even it your coworker was interested.

There is a lot of potential risk here, it seems to me, & not a whole lot of potential for benefit. It seems to me the wise course of action would be to recognize you have some uncertainty regarding your sexual orientation, take steps to address that, & simply continue to be friends with the young woman who has caught your eye so to speak. In the process it may become more clear to you whether or not this young woman would be open to a relationship or not. And if she is an opportunity to make an overture may present itself, assuming you continue to want to pursue the relationship. But, all things considered, my personal sense is now is not the right time for you to put yourself out there. As my father used to like to say many years ago: "discretion is the better part of valor." My best wishes to you.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
summersover